Quickie is a bundled feature of the Lovely Views app but can be installed standalone to provide Lovely Views most sought-after feature. Quickie is a handy top bar menu that gives you instant access to all views at all times from anywhere within Zendesk. It improves the efficiency of your agents when accessing views.
The key features of Quickie are:
- Organize views in folder hierarchy
- Fast access to all views from anywhere within Zendesk
- Keyword search finds views quickly
- Option to mix personal views with shared views
- Place personal views folder at top or bottom of list
- Integrates with our Lovely Views app
Quickie's search is instant and powerful. Finding the view you want amongst possibly hundreds of views is quick and painless.
A brief description of the Quickie app is available at the following link:
Quickie only works in the new Zendesk Agent view, sometimes referred to as "Lotus". If you are still using the classic Zendesk Agent view, then this app will not work.
This guide was written based on version 1.0.19 of Quickie.
2 Using the Quickie app
The Quickie app is found in the top bar of Zendesk. In the screenshot below it is the icon on the left.
When you click on the Quickie icon it drops down a list of the views you have configured in your Zendesk. Note that you will only be able to see the views that the logged in agent has access to. Quickie respects the permissions that you have set up for the views.
Next to each of the view name is the number of tickets that are contained in the view. If a view has no tickets, then it is greyed out.
Clicking on the refresh icon will cause Quickie to update the views and the count of tickets.
Clicking on the plus icon will expand all the groups, and clicking on the minus icon will collapse all the groups.
The groups have a caret icon next to the name of the group. If the caret is pointing down, then that group has already been expanded. If the caret is pointing to the right, then that group can be expanded. If you click on the group name or the caret it will toggle between expanded and collapsed.
If you hold down and CTRL or COMMAND and click on a folder it will expand or collapse that folder and all other folders under that folder.
There are two special groups:
- Personal - your personal views are put into this group
- Misc - any views which do not have a hierarchy are put into this group.
There is also a search box at the top of the views which allows you to filter and search for views or groups with the search terms you type. If you have a lot of views, then this can help you quickly find the one you want to see.
Clicking on the "Lovestock & Leaf" logo will take you to the Lovestock & Leaf website.
The views are grouped into hierarchies based on how the views are configured. The configuration of views is discussed in section 2.3.1 below.
When you click on the particular view name, it will take you to the regular Zendesk view. The app will close when you click on a view. If you want to leave the Quickie app open after clicking on a rule, then hold down ALT and click on the view.
3 Configuring the Quickie app
You can set the configuration options for app through the application settings. You can access this by clicking on "Admin" (the cog icon).
Next, click on the "Manage" item in the "Apps" section of Zendesk admin.
Once you are in this section you click on the cog icon for the app and click on "Change Settings" to edit the settings.
This will take you to the following screen.
This screen has the following options:
- Title: This is the name of the app as it appears in the apps list.
- Don't place root level views in 'Misc' folder: If ticked, then the "Misc" folder will not be used and the views which are uncategorised will appear at the top level.
- Rename 'Misc' folder to: This allows you to rename the "Misc" folder to something else. If this is blank, then it will default to "Misc".
- Place 'Misc' folder at bottom of list: If ticked, then the "Misc" folder will appear at the bottom of the views list. If not ticked, then the "Misc" folder will appear at the top of the views list.
- Don't place personal views in Personal folder: If ticked, then the "Personal" folder will not be used and the personal views will appear mixed in with all other views. Personal views are presented in italic.
- Place 'Personal' folder at bottom of list: If ticked, the "Personal" folder will be at the bottom of the list groups. If not ticked, then the "Personal" folder is presented at the top of the list of views.
- Enable role restrictions?: Allows you to choose which agent roles that the app will be available for. If this is not ticked then all agents will be able to use the app.
If you tick both "Place 'Misc' folder at bottom" and "Place 'Personal' folder at bottom", then these folders will be at the bottom with "Misc" appearing above "Personal".
3.1 Configuring views
The configuration of views is the key to how Quickie presents the views. You can access this by clicking on "Admin" (the cog icon).
Then click on the "Views" item in the "Manage" section.
Then click on the view you would like to edit. This will take you to the view screen. At the top click on the down arrow and select "Edit".
This will take you to the edit screen where you can change the title of the view.
To set up the hierarchy, you just need to set the title in the following format:
Group :: Sub-Group :: View name
The double colon
:: is the same delimiter used by Zendesk for the drop-down menus. You can have as many levels of sub-groups as you require.
To achieve the hierarchy for "Group1 / Is solved" you would have the following title.
Group1 :: Is solved
To achieve the hierarchy for "Group1 / SubGroup / SubGroup2 / Is new1 and a bit longer for testing" you would have the following title.
Group1::SubGroup::SubGroup2::Is new1 and a bit longer for testing
Quickie will automatically set the groups and the hierarchies based on the View titles. You do not need to create any intermediate views for each level of the hierarchy.